You have made some decisions about your space that you are pretty happy with, but one question looming is whether you should get modular cabinets or custom-made cabinetry.
Modular cabinetry is premade and comes in specific set dimensions with certain materials and finishes. Prebuilt cabinets are made from high quality materials and cost less than custom cabinets, therefore are quite popular. Modular cabinets are versatile and can be mounted, stacked or placed on the floor.
Custom cabinetry is measured and designed specifically for your space. If you have a strangely shaped room and want to make the most of a space with great storage solutions or are looking for high end kitchen cabinetry, the custom route might be the right choice for you. A cabinet maker will make your cabinets at their manufacturing location then complete cabinet installation onsite.
Think about building the cabinets to suit the cook and suit the application!
In traditional storage, similar objects will be grouped in a given location. In functional storage, rather than the “likeness” of form, the means of reducing unnecessary walking and searching is governed by these principles: storage at centre of use; clear visibility of all supplies and easy accessibility of the desired item.
Here we give you 8 advantages of custom-made cabinetry to help you make your decision:
1. You deal with specialist professionals at every stage from planning to cabinet installation
2. You are not restricted to the styles and materials we have in stock
3. We will custom build to your requirements and unique needs
4. With custom, you can use every inch of space you have available rather than using filler pieces to bridge gaps between standard sizes
5. True custom uses better hardware, has better sanding and grain matching and an overall better execution
6. Might increase the value of the home more, especially when you consider custom cabinetry for your wardrobe, laundry, kitchen, entertainment units or everyday storage solutions.
7. You can be creative with your cabinet maker
8. Custom cabinets are specifically created to fit all walls, to open around obstacles and to reach the desired heights.
Cabinet Installation – what types of cabinets should you consider?
- Base cabinets
- Tall cabinets
- Wall cabinets
- Corner cabinets
- Integrated cabinets
If you are still unsure which direction you should go in, think about the breakdown of the budget estimate for your space. If it is a kitchen design, why are you looking at a kitchen refurbishment? Have you decided on your style and layout? Start to pull together a list that outlines your essentials, desires and wished for.
What have you already committed to when appliances and finishes are concerned?
Once you have all of the considerations mapped out, you can start work out which option will better suit your investment and your needs going forward.